So, in case any of my methodology teachers ever stumble upon this blog, I want to highlight that these observations are completely unscientific! It is merely my narrow perception of things, and have I seen something once, I believe it is always like this!
Here comes the list!
1. Apparently I am an Alien
This I base on the numerous stares I receive daily. Walking on the street, waiting for the bus, on the train, basically everywhere!
2. English is the language of the Aliens
And it is not considered necessary to learn
3. You drink your caffè in the bar
An espresso that is! And if you take it in more than 2 sips, you’re most likely an Alien.
4. You should drink your caffè with enormous amounts of sugar
I must admit – it’s addictive!
5. Italians go to the beach before 9 am
Taking the train to work along the coast, I see an abundance of people who are already sunbathing and swimming. And me? I’m just on my way to work..
6. Italians come in every size and shapes
Which can be seen on the beaches where every women wears a bikini to show off her bootyliciousness – and I love it!
7. Your bikini should cover as little as possible
Especially in the butt-area. No more need for searching for that bikini-bottom-piece that can contain my large behind – all I need is a thong to blend in! Although I might still be too pale, to blend in with anything else but the sand..
8. The buses go whenever they feel like it
This goes for the trains as well. No point in trying to find a schedule or a system for it. Just go to the bus/train stop and wait.
9. Dinner is eaten around 10 pm
Around 8-9 pm you start to get ready to go out to grab a bite. It is only Aliens who eat before 10 pm. And you always dress up more or less.
10. The people are the friendliest, kindest and most hospitable I have met
Everyone goes out of their way to help you or accommodate your needs – even if you are an Alien! I love them ❤